I’ve been making steady progress on my Provigil alternative and am now done with three of the six blocks I need for a twin size. Here’s my latest:
I finished the second block this past weekend:
And the first at the DC Modern Quilt Guild meeting in June.
It just so happens that the first three ziplocs of pieces I pulled out all had the flying crane print in the bag. The others will be different.
I’m also gearing up to assemble my do. Good Stitches Nurture Circle quilt. Most of the blocks have arrived, so I need to figure out how many I have, a final layout and size, and figure out how to get it assembled into chunks. (All without a design wall… I usually use my floor.)
Also, my furlough starts next week, so in my extra free time I would like to try to squeeze in a couple of 100 Quilts for Kids. It runs until September 30th (conveniently the last day of the fiscal year and therefore my furlough). It’s run by fellow DC Modern Quilt Guild Member Katie Blakesley who blogs over at Swim Bike Quilt and is a coauthor (with Lee and Faith!) of the upcoming Vintage Quilt Revival.
Of course on top of everything else that’s going on, but my to do list right now looks like:
- Finish Tsuru Swoon top by Montomgery Count Modern Quilt Guild meeting on Tuesday 7/9 (maybe ambitions for the sashing/borders, but at minimum have all the blocks done.)
- Piece back for Tsuru Swoon 7/31
- Piece back for Jelly Roll Race quilt (sitting since last winter!) 7/31
- Finish Cascade top and and piece back 7/31
- Get Swoon, Jelly Roll Race, and Cascade all off to the long armer. 7/31
- Nurture July Blocks 7/31 (hopefully sooner)
- Piece Nurture Circle quilt, back, and get it quilted on my domestic machine 8/15
- Piece Flying Geese quilt, back, and get it off to the long armer 8/31
- Work on 100 quilts for Kids! 9/30
- Baby quilt for boss 10/31
Speaking of Lee, I’m linking up with her at Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday!