Since my surgery I’ve continued to crank out hexies. I now have 200 basted 1″ hexagons ready to be sewn into flowers. At the DCMQG meeting on Saturday my friend Jessie talked to me a little about my 36 degree diamonds. The news wasn’t great. The “flags” that are made when you EPP are going to make appliqué’-ing them down much harder than I had realized. I’m now on the fence about whether or not I’ll actually make those shapes.
I still haven’t pulled out my sewing machine because I’m only supposed to lift 5 pounds with my bad shoulder and the sewing machine is significantly more than that. I’ve been cleared for full range of motion which means technically I could use a rotary cutter and my sewing machine but it might not be that comfortable, so I’m trying to hold off as long as I can so at least I can get a lot of my hand-work done.
Here’s a picture of the first 100 hexies!
I also went out and took some quilt photos in Rock Creek Park here in DC. It was so green, just amazing. I got some good shots. Here’s a sneak peek!
Linking up to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced!