This month I’ve decided to take a more free-form approach to the blocks for do. Good Stitches. I’m asking my fellow Nurture Circle members to create blocks that feature diamonds. Size and shape are up to you.
Here is my color palette:
and my sample blocks:
There aren’t a lot of rules, but here goes:
- Use the palette below to construct your blocks – navy, teal, white, orange, and lime green.
- Make sure the finished size of your block are even numbers – this will help me with final construction
- Include at least one diamond
- Ensure the diamond is vertical in your finished block
- You can make as many or as few blocks as you would like, but please make sure they cover the equivalent of two of our normal 12″ blocks (ie 288 sq inches).
You can use any method you want to construct your blocks. The one on the left is paper pieced with a border added, the one on the right I made using the sidekick ruler.
If you feel like paper piecing I threw together some quick patterns if you’d like to use them.
Lastly, here are some more inspiration photos from around the crafting universe:
I can’t wait to see what you guys create! Thanks!