Supersized Scrap Vomit

Finished: 100 Quilts for Kids (Part 2)

carla Charity, Finished in 2013, Finished Projects, Guild, Quilting Leave a Comment

Yesterday at the DCMQG sewing day in Arlington, VA I was able to bind the remaining three quilts in my 100 Quilts for Kids stack. Two are based on my Supersized Scrap Vomit tutorial and the third is my Super Swoon! I really love how my Super Swoon turned out. The prints are from Dear Stella Ikebana and the solid …

carlaFinished: 100 Quilts for Kids (Part 2)

Progress!

carla Guild, Quilting 1 Comment

Yesterday was the DC Modern Quilt Guild’s sewing day / meeting at Finch Sewing Studio – a great space in Leesburg, VA. It was a hike, but fun. I managed to finish my first Swoon block – it turned out very different than I thought it would, but I still like it. It just goes to show I can’t really …

carlaProgress!

Swaps and acquisitions

carla Fabric, Guild Leave a Comment

After I finished the Schoenrock Cross pillow, it was off to the Montgomery County Modern Quilt Guild meeting on Tuesday evening. There were some really impressive projects. Very interesting to see how people interpreted the challenge. I think Susan liked my pillow so that was great. I had supplied Linda with an Albers Square in shades of turquoise and asked …

carlaSwaps and acquisitions
cross

Finished: Schoenrock Cross Pillow

carla Finished in 2013, Finished Projects, Guild, Quilting Leave a Comment

I’ve been quietly working away on a Schoenrock Cross (one of my bucket list items!) and made it into a pillow for the Montgomery County, MD Modern Quilt Guild Modern Art Challenge Swap. I was given one of Van Gogh’s “Almond Blossoms” by Susan as my inspiration. I don’t know her very well, but she brought the book “Pillow Pop” …

carlaFinished: Schoenrock Cross Pillow

WIP Wednesday – Making progress

carla Guild, Quilting 3 Comments

Making progress, a photo by zaydia {modernbias.com} on Flickr. I keep adding things to the list but I am making some serious progress. All the labels are designed, printed, and rinsed/dried – ready for cutting and attaching. I was able to get 6 labels per sheet of printable fabric – four triangle/corner labels and two rectangle “regular” labels. I also …

carlaWIP Wednesday – Making progress